Thursday, May 29, 2014

PR on the Daily for the Royals

As I have already said, I love the Royals. It’s very fascinating reading about them. They are always in the news; it comes with the title. However, I have been paying closer attention to what the specific stories have been and how they are represented.

A lot has been happening with them lately. Harry has broken up with his girlfriend, Princess Kate is pregnant with baby number two, she also had an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction and Prince George is the most stylish baby. Phew, they've been busy.

First of all, why do you think that we hear so much of them here in the United States when they are the Royal family for England? It seems that America is in love with them. I don’t have a problem with that but it’s just interesting. England has done a pretty good job representing them and making them relatable even to those of us who live in a different country. Even the embarrassing wardrobe malfunction with Princess Kate wasn't blown out of proportion. I did not see a huge statement about it but rather they just moved forward and let other news stand taller.

The article that I read most recently was about Prince Harry. I am sure that being the Royal family gives you a little control over what is published about you; though I’m sure there is mutual respect, that’s not the case with the first amendment here. I’ve seen a lot of positive press about Prince Harry lately including this article about him playing rugby with children. His duties are always placing him in position to help others and himself look good. This is what everyone wants to do. I am sure that it is challenging to be the PR representative for the Royal family, just as it would be to be the PR representative for our President. From what I am seeing here on this side of the pond they are doing a pretty good job on a day to day basis.

Here's the latest article with Prince Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment